Wednesday 15 August 2007

Muffins galore

I headed to Covent Garden the other day to find a muffin shop that I'd read about online that does gluten-free muffins - Muffinskis. I found it and it was certainly worth the walk from work as they indeed do make gluten-free ones and the one I had was seriously good! There was blueberry and white chocolate and raspberry and white chocolate on offer - I went for the blueberry. It was pretty fricking tasty - crunchy on top and filled with loads of blueberries so gooey inside - great texture and delicious - hooray! The man behind the counter, who I think is possibly the owner, was really friendly too and knew what was in the muffins (no soya flour, thank God) which is always useful. DEFINITELY worth a visit. My trip there inspired me to come up with a better recipe for my own muffins which I did and I have to say they were seriously winning (banana ones). I will post the recipe shortly...

So visit Muffinskis - you can eat in or take away so a good place to meet friends for tea as, for once, you won't have to miss out on the cakes - yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to your recommendation...
I went to Muffinski's on Friday last and it was great. You have to give them an hour to bake your gluten-free (and dairy-free if you need) muffins; minimum allowed is 3. Great staff. Really helpful.
I told the Manager about your site and he said he met you last year. He was pleased I had come on your recommendation. Hurrah! Thank you for the tips. So invaluable. Nicci.

Nutritious and Delicious said...

Hey Nicci,

Thanks for posting - glad it worked out well! When I went they just had the gluten-free ones out - maybe they've changed the way they work - but as long as they taste good...!

Lizzie