Wednesday 30 April 2008

Gluten-free lasagne

Just thought I'd share the info that Sainsbury's Free From Corn Lasagne Sheets are really great - I've only ever seen Orgran's mini ones before but the ones from Sainsbury's are full size and work really well - I've been making a good vegetarian one recently and none of my friends said they could tell there was anything different to a normal veg lasagne...

Their corn penne and fusilli is also really good - it has a really good texture and means you can have al dente pasta... the rice ones are good but I find tend to go soggy so quickly.

I haven't tried their corn spaghetti yet but someone told me yesterday that they'd had it and that it was great so I'll let you know when I've tried it...

Their range is also not very expensive compared to a lot of the gluten-free pastas available and is WAY better than Tesco's own-brand Free From pasta which is a mixture of soy flour and other things (that I don't believe need to be there) which turns into mush...

1-0 to Sainsbury's...!

No comments: