Sunday 22 February 2009

Exciting muesli news (mews?)...



Calling all breakfast lovers - the best gluten-free cereal has arrived on UK shores - WOOHOO!

It's made by Bakery On Main - a US-based company - and is now available in Wholefoods on High St Kensington.

They have three different g-f ones - I chose apple, raisin and walnut because I'm a sucker for cinnamon. It is AMAZING. Really crunchy texture and seriously delicious (and there's no sugar, or high-fructose corn syrup in there which is a bonus). It's kind of expensive at £3.99 a bag, but I'm glad I forked out and will do again in an instant - am just rationing it by mixing a little with the Doves Farm g-f cereal flakes - a great base that tastes a bit like Special K - from what I remember...!

I couldn't recommend it more highly. Haven't seen it in the Fresh&Wild in Soho when I've been recently, but let me know if it's in your local branch and I'll add that to the post...

Wake up and enjoy a properly good, textureful and delicious breakfast - YUM!

8 comments:

Tat said...

Thanks, I'll look for it. I really appreciate your blog!

The Squig and the Sprue said...

Hi there! I just stumbled across your blog and I'm so excited! I came to London a couple of years ago right after I was diagnosed and it was a little difficult to find places to eat out! I did find a few, but now I'm looking forward to visiting again thanks to your site!

I live in the states and I noticed that you just barely started being able to get the Bakery On Main granola that we've been enjoying over here for years! I was wondering if you'd be interested in doing a food trade? If there are any items over here that you can't get over there and would like me to ship them to you? We could set up a little GF food exchange!

Let me know if you're interested! My email is Letutt04@aol.com

Kelsea

Nutritious and Delicious said...

Hey Kelsea - thanks so much for posting - and that sounds like a great idea! Although not sure we've got anything that you would want - I think the US is a LOT more advanced than we are here in terms of g-f stuff...!

We've got some nice stuff but probably all surpassed by US companies! Let me know if there is anything though...

Lizzie

Sandra Beckwith said...

I'm in the U.S. and about to visit London; I found your site when looking for gluten-free restaurants.

The Bakery on Main cereal really is yummy! I buy it all the time and I think it tastes better than the "regular" cereal I can't eat any more.

Enjoy! And thanks for the blog!

Unknown said...

thanks SO much for this blog! I come to London at least once a year for the last fortnight or so of the "Proms" and this will be the first time since I've gone GF! I will have to give my FAVOURITE place, a crepe shop down the road from the Albert Hall, a pass (sigh) but your blog recommends will help a LOT! I look forward to trying the "Mermaid" One of my other fav things being F&C's!
thanks again.

Nutritious and Delicious said...

Hi Sandra and Nancy,

Thanks so much for posting - and glad that the blog is proving useful!

Let me know if you find any other good stuff to post about on your travels...

Lizzie

Alexander QuiƱones said...

Morrisons has it, and it is yummy

Nutritious and Delicious said...

Great - thanks, Alexander - good to know!
Lizzie